Hello from Texas!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macman

Reaction score
Hey all! Im Joe! I'm a huge entomology guy, but mantids in particular have fascinated me for years. Lately I've been considering raising and housing mantids on my own. I've been reading up on basic mantis care, but I'm a bit unsure of where to start in terms of species. I'd like to start out with a mantis species that's hardy and easy to care for, since I'm only a beginner, and I'm also looking for a reliable site where they can be purchased. Any suggestions?

Welcome! I would recommend(sorry I haven't got around to genus names yet) spiny flower mantis, Indian flower mantis, giant African mantis, giant Asian mantis, Chinese mantis(mismolts do occur). I would recommend DeShawn from mantidkingdom.com. He's got amazing prices, amazing mantis, and is very generous. Never had any trouble from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. Some great species right in TX.

Welcome to the forum.  In addition to the above, the giant shield mantids (rhombodera species) and ghost mantids are good beginner species.  I have ghost nymphs currently and they're very cool, and I am considering rhomboderas for my next...

Latest posts